Skip to main content

Death of a Flower

I was saddened 
by the fall, 
petal had become so familiar 
in the last few months ....
petal was in on it all ...
sitting on my window ledge
 her beauty greeted me before the sun ...
and now petal
has fallen!

How did I get to be this sentimental over a petal?

I suppose living and breathing imagery
through my windows
has something to do with it ...

the petals have become a part
of my daily capturing,
they were the constant as the seasons changed ...

the petals shared my sense of being
and belonging to it all.




Comments

joco said…
So know what you feel.
Your "Ode to a Petal" speaks for all life gone.
Still, there will always be another orchid to be admired and celebrated with such loving images.
Kat Sloma said…
Oh, wonderful. I don't even know what to write because you captured it so perfectly! I love the image where the branch is "holding" the sun.
rebecca said…
i love the idea of everyday surroundings, yes, even flowers, holding our voices, stories of our lives.

i hope you press the flower....in a favorite book.

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku my Heart #42 - Shine on

t'was just a sparkle peeping through the blacks and grey it filled my whole eye .... My daughter's car stands motionless on our drive, she is in hospital with severe stress symptoms. It has been a dark week, yesterday I noticed a sparkle reflecting off of her car through my window. She's been rattling up and down the motorway for the last year everyday to the job she loves and is fighting hard to keep. The car had so many rattles, now fixed by my love, it's washed, polished and resting-up waiting for her return. For more haiku poetry Visit Recuerda mi Corazon

What to Do?

Jamie Ridler asks in Wishcasting Wednesday - How would you like to spend some time? Good question for me at this time of year as I usually embark on some course or other for the winter months ahead, and as usual I'm not sure?  I go through  familiar questions, what do I really love and would like to spend time pursuing?  I've got qualifications in Fine Art and my heart is in photography, graphics, printmaking etc. But I'm torn because I'm also interested in Personal Development and have a yearning to share what I've learned so far with others in some way, especially on-line?  So what do I do? How do  I spend some time doing what I want to do, don't know, not sure but one thing I do know is that I need to spend more time puzzling it out? Or will it just come to me?  Do I spend more time meditating upon these ideas??? For other wishcaster wishes visit Jamie Ridler Studios

One for the Road

Off on my travels, not before I say 'here here' to Rebecca's words, ...over at  Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon