Skip to main content

A New Perspective

My cottage has eleven windows, thirteen if you include the two blind ones on the front. They were to be kept original as our listed property is situated on the The National Trust's Hardwick estate, (see here) the cottage is said to be the original cobbler's workshop to Hardwick Hall.  We resurrected the building from three derelict walls and a date stone marked 1674. 

For those of you who are interested I will post pics later, this is a tale in itself ....

When viewing the layout of the building one of the main considerations was that each room would have a good view of the countryside fields, woods, and volumes of sky.  Not one window would have any unsightly object to view, but this, the room I'm typing in, the office/art studio/put-u-up room.

Was I going to let this unsightly post put me off!  
.... time went by, I began to notice from a distance
there was something seemly about this post 
perhaps even a little attractive ....
calling for a closer view:
 Ah! Art in the sky, 
who would have thought you would find 
an 'abstract original'
 posted up there?!

In it's right setting even more appealing 
 I will always look at the old post 
in a new light now!




Comments

Anonymous said…
Just proves the old adage, "Every transformer has a siver lining".
Thanks for a fun and very positive post.

Have a nice day, Boonie
foxysue said…
Boonie thank you for your comment, you stop me from taking myself too seriously, keeping my feet on the ground!
Charlotte said…
Let us not forget that these so called 'eye sores' across our beautiful country side make provision for us to share our beuty across the globe by virtue of the world wide web....another concept to think about...

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku my Heart #42 - Shine on

t'was just a sparkle peeping through the blacks and grey it filled my whole eye .... My daughter's car stands motionless on our drive, she is in hospital with severe stress symptoms. It has been a dark week, yesterday I noticed a sparkle reflecting off of her car through my window. She's been rattling up and down the motorway for the last year everyday to the job she loves and is fighting hard to keep. The car had so many rattles, now fixed by my love, it's washed, polished and resting-up waiting for her return. For more haiku poetry Visit Recuerda mi Corazon

What to Do?

Jamie Ridler asks in Wishcasting Wednesday - How would you like to spend some time? Good question for me at this time of year as I usually embark on some course or other for the winter months ahead, and as usual I'm not sure?  I go through  familiar questions, what do I really love and would like to spend time pursuing?  I've got qualifications in Fine Art and my heart is in photography, graphics, printmaking etc. But I'm torn because I'm also interested in Personal Development and have a yearning to share what I've learned so far with others in some way, especially on-line?  So what do I do? How do  I spend some time doing what I want to do, don't know, not sure but one thing I do know is that I need to spend more time puzzling it out? Or will it just come to me?  Do I spend more time meditating upon these ideas??? For other wishcaster wishes visit Jamie Ridler Studios

One for the Road

Off on my travels, not before I say 'here here' to Rebecca's words, ...over at  Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon