Skip to main content

Just Remember

 Self Portrait

She said " This is my gift to you. I hope you'll wear
and remember the beautiful one that you are".
There is an interesting story behind this composition, 
something that touched me in more ways than one, deeply.
I can't reveal the story yet as 
I'm waiting for the band giver to return!


A little up-date for any reader wondering.
This post is one that touches me deep as I said, it is about
body image, a subject I researched for my
art college studies. Now as an 'older woman'
I can ponder the subject from a different
perspective and how it affects
me personally!

The images above are two photos,
the underneath one is of myself merged with
a close-up of coloured glass droplets
 after using the opaque tool.

I have transformed myself into something
other, there is something mysterious
and magical about this, it's like dressing up in childhood!
I can be who I want to be!


  • "If I knew what the picture was going to be like I wouldn’t make it. It was almost like it was made already, the challenge is more about trying to make what you can’t think of."

Cindy Sherman - Wikipedia

to be continued..........

Comments

Unknown said…
turned out wonderfully!
so intriguing, one can see there is a statement, a thought, a question, a story within it.
Lady Cordelia said…
What a wonderful way to express yourself!
Art is so freeing, no?
XO
C

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku my Heart #42 - Shine on

t'was just a sparkle peeping through the blacks and grey it filled my whole eye .... My daughter's car stands motionless on our drive, she is in hospital with severe stress symptoms. It has been a dark week, yesterday I noticed a sparkle reflecting off of her car through my window. She's been rattling up and down the motorway for the last year everyday to the job she loves and is fighting hard to keep. The car had so many rattles, now fixed by my love, it's washed, polished and resting-up waiting for her return. For more haiku poetry Visit Recuerda mi Corazon

What to Do?

Jamie Ridler asks in Wishcasting Wednesday - How would you like to spend some time? Good question for me at this time of year as I usually embark on some course or other for the winter months ahead, and as usual I'm not sure?  I go through  familiar questions, what do I really love and would like to spend time pursuing?  I've got qualifications in Fine Art and my heart is in photography, graphics, printmaking etc. But I'm torn because I'm also interested in Personal Development and have a yearning to share what I've learned so far with others in some way, especially on-line?  So what do I do? How do  I spend some time doing what I want to do, don't know, not sure but one thing I do know is that I need to spend more time puzzling it out? Or will it just come to me?  Do I spend more time meditating upon these ideas??? For other wishcaster wishes visit Jamie Ridler Studios

One for the Road

Off on my travels, not before I say 'here here' to Rebecca's words, ...over at  Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon