Skip to main content

Stumbling towards ecstasy at Hardwick Hall

Hardwick Hall 
More Glass than Wall
Side entrance to my neighbour's house.
Click to see her initials on the balustrade? 
Side view of front entrance, her horse 
dismounting platform in the foreground.
View from her front entrance, 
looking towards my cottage 
just beyond the ponds.
Much stumbling towards ecstasy has,
and does go on here!

All will be revealed!

Visit 
for more stumbling ecstasy



Comments

rebecca said…
dear sue,
utter loveliness! and i love anticipation, mystery and waiting.

the landscape seems so familiar. can you tell me the name of your town so i can see "you" on a map?

when i worked on the QEII i often spent time in england. and of course there are family roots.

thank you for your beauty.
both inside and out.

xoxoxoxo,
rebecca
foxysue said…
Thank you for your lovely comments Rebecca, always gratefully received!

My town is Chesterfield about sixty miles south of York, I think you told me you visited York? My cottage is close by the M1 motorway, junction 29. I've been told you can see my campervan, my love and Dougal on Google Earth!
Oh, my! This is transporting, this country side and where you live.
This is so gorgeous and your neighbor definitely has a very distinctive estate. But, there you are in your cottage and you are all in the same neighborhood.
Well Sue my dear, this is a fine broad prospect. I am waiting for Mr. Rochester to come galloping round the corner at any moment as he makes his way back to Thornfield Hall. Really lovely digs here. Thank you so much for sharing this bit of English manor countryside.
xoxo,
Noelle
Miss Robyn said…
this is beautiful. I so want to visit England oneday soon. my ancestry is Cornish, you know. thankyou for sharing such beautiful photos... they spoke to my soul.. well on the way to stumbling towards ecstasy xoxo
I am ecstatic, sharing your landscape!

Sweet Ecstasy!
somepinkflowers said…
2 stops past Wonderful!

:-)


this alone--->

~~her horse dismounting platform~~

sent
my heart spinning...




truly
Annie Jeffries said…
For real? Fantasy? No matter. It's a marvel.
turquoise cro said…
SWEET!!! LOVE the horse dismount!!! Phew! Reminds me of the day a sweet horse named BLUE threw me off!!! hehe I want to see your van!!!
deb did it said…
stunning photo...mystery in words....I would stumble into this photo if I could!
Carola Bartz said…
Beautiful photos. I especially love the view from the entrance - oh beautiful England! No more snow as I can see.
rebecca said…
yes. i have been in your neighborhood!

how are you my darling? i have been away from blogland for a few days. but always close in heart.

xoxoxoxox,
rebecca

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku my Heart #42 - Shine on

t'was just a sparkle peeping through the blacks and grey it filled my whole eye .... My daughter's car stands motionless on our drive, she is in hospital with severe stress symptoms. It has been a dark week, yesterday I noticed a sparkle reflecting off of her car through my window. She's been rattling up and down the motorway for the last year everyday to the job she loves and is fighting hard to keep. The car had so many rattles, now fixed by my love, it's washed, polished and resting-up waiting for her return. For more haiku poetry Visit Recuerda mi Corazon

What to Do?

Jamie Ridler asks in Wishcasting Wednesday - How would you like to spend some time? Good question for me at this time of year as I usually embark on some course or other for the winter months ahead, and as usual I'm not sure?  I go through  familiar questions, what do I really love and would like to spend time pursuing?  I've got qualifications in Fine Art and my heart is in photography, graphics, printmaking etc. But I'm torn because I'm also interested in Personal Development and have a yearning to share what I've learned so far with others in some way, especially on-line?  So what do I do? How do  I spend some time doing what I want to do, don't know, not sure but one thing I do know is that I need to spend more time puzzling it out? Or will it just come to me?  Do I spend more time meditating upon these ideas??? For other wishcaster wishes visit Jamie Ridler Studios

One for the Road

Off on my travels, not before I say 'here here' to Rebecca's words, ...over at  Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon