Skip to main content

Grief Story on the Hoof ~ Entry 7

The Robin & Coming Undone ~

Apparently one of the many emotional states one may go through in grieving is the feeling you are going Mad, this is a very frightening feeling that I identify with.  This may arise as being confused about your own beliefs, strong beliefs that may now start to melt in the light of your experience.  One of the hardest things about this whole episode is that I now have to look myself squarely in the eye and ask if all of my grandiose words about connection to the Divine still hold water!

There is much talk of 'authenticity' and now I find I'm asking myself questions about my core beliefs, what has now surfaced under extreme pressure? How do I truly feel about my connection to the Divine?  I must admit lately this yoking has seemed tenuous and there have been times when my own words have come unstuck and looked like they may have been dissolved down the universal plug-hole! 

The day a robin flew into the house window is an example of my conflicted feelings.  I heard the thud, I went outside to investigate but could not find the bird anywhere, thought it had flown off unscathed, only later on did I see it's limp little body lying on the ground, I became distraught when picking the poor thing up.  While clutching the soft little bundle and trying to find somewhere appropriate to lay him I started sobbing profusely and screamed a damnation at the source! I just let it all go!  

Of course the robin was a scapegoat for my love and the pent-up feelings I had for the abrupt and traumatic way his life ended!  How could I speak of my Divine connection anymore when I felt such a cruel cutting off from my life-long partner! Yet in the back of my mind whilst screaming and sobbing for the robin, My Love... a voice was whispering something I had read, that this loss of faith is also part of life's path, that it is okay to doubt! 

The jury is still not out, I find reconciliation with source, universe, whatever difficult,

but, the robin was so beautiful, as was my love

and, where do I turn to show gratitude for all of the awesomeness in my life?


Comments

Cat said…
wow
your words so raw and honest leave me speechless...in such a wonderful way

this is what I know
Spirit can handle it...all the confusion, anger, frustration, disconnect...The Divine can handle it
my thought is that it is ore about us not being able to....

thinking of you Sue...I have been quiet in this world but you are never far from my thoughts...i think I will take some time to read you past posts this evening, with a hot cup a tea sitting in my bed...

you are doing awesome....seriously...a deep bow in your honour sister

Love and Light♥
suzanne said…
...turn in. you're stronger than you know. allow this opportunity to gift you this knowledge. sending you strength and love
Patricia Turner said…
Oh how my heart aches for you and your loss. The robin's death, as was your husbands, seems so senseless and unfair. Somehow, you will move through this time of grief and when you do it will be to walk back into the Divine connection. It waits patiently for your return.

Popular posts from this blog

Continuum

A Continuum ~> continual sequence of ~> elemental change ~> By far this is the most difficult post written by myself, ever. I have not visited this place for sometime... I have been 'lying low' as an old friend used to put it, not low through depression or anything like that but since my love passed away parts of my known world have passed too. I have difficulty recognizing the landscape around me, I'm lying low so that I can absorb some of the new terrain. I am still quite dizzy, it's going to take some time... Much of what I wrote about here in this space would involve a brief glimpse of 'my love' and our life together. I had thought of closing 'Finding my Bliss', for a pivotal part of everything this blog has stood for seemed on the surface of things to be missing! But as the days have come and gone I am beginning to look at things in a different light and although I am grieving for my love I find I am l feeling his prese

Haiku my Heart #31 ~ Let's Party!

icing on the cake a sprinkling of honey dust Haiku Heart's Party  Congratulations Dear Rebecca  One year of Sweet Delights! Visit  Recuerda mi Corazon

Warrior Woman Detour

Yearning clear blue skies to brighten the road for ease, to step light of heart... Detour intersect is warrior woman's path she must tread alone, her only companion Om lifts a weighted heart... feeling vibrational warmth, she lights momentum... My heart is weighed down at the moment, we are waiting for scan results, my love has been in constant debilitating pain since before Christmas, I'm having a nasty IBS flare-up, I'm doing warrior woman work! I am grateful for this Friday morning ritual ~ Haiku my Heart, it is a wonderful distraction from the everyday, focusing on and fitting feelings into 575 syllables... Thanks to our Rebecca for hosting ~> Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon