Skip to main content

No Picnik

I'm sharing the Joy
~ 
HeArt & Quote

What I love to do is morph my pics with Picnik, it is a very easy to use photo editor.
My joy was toppled recently when Google announced they would be withdrawing Picnik, I have looked at several others but none seem to match for simplicity............

BOO HOO GOOGLE

They say they have other things to pursue,
would that be things like complicating the
  word verification even more?
Please excuse my little rant on this yet otherwise Joyful start to the day!!


Sending to
Share the Joy Thursday
Meri's Musings

Comments

Unknown said…
yes, it takes many people over many hours to come up with the WV craziness.
lol

sorry you lost your fave editor.

i like pixlr - http://pixlr.com/
has a basic editor and then a fun area.
Meri said…
I love digital tomfoolery too. And hate word verification. I wonder how much spam would land in comments if I took out the verification feature.
Kim Mailhot said…
You feel like many people do ! Strange thing when a "server" forgets who it is serving so often.
But yes, let's keep to the joys !
Like sweet hearts connecting !
Happy Thursday !
Anonymous said…
I was saddened to hear about picnik closing it's site, too. I use it all the time! I found, are you ready, Be Funky at befunky.com and it is not as easy (cause what can compete with Picnik) BUT it does have a lot of cool features including tons of texture and framing options. Check it out.
Peace~
Dawn
Unknown said…
I love Picnik too and have just gotten used to how to use it good. I just saw a DVD where Word Verification is being used to transcribe old books to e-books. Who knew. We are working for them for free.
QMM
Carola Bartz said…
Oh, I do understand your rant. I've never used Picnik, but I know many people who do and are pretty upset now. I love my Photoshop Elements though... And I don't like word verification AT ALL.
Anonymous said…
Hi Meri,

I have great news for you. Though your old favorite Picnik is closing, some ex-Picnik employees are building a new (and in our opinion, better) photo editing tool. PicMonkey! I've been fortunate enough to play around with PicMonkey in its beginning stages and if you liked Picnik, you're going to love PicMonkey! It's familiar, sleek, and very user friendly.

If you're as excited as we are, sign up on our site www.PicMonkey.com and we’ll keep you updated on a launch date (soon, soon!). Also, feel free to send me your feedback, feature requests, and, of course, any questions you have!

Happy blogging!
Jenn

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku my Heart #42 - Shine on

t'was just a sparkle peeping through the blacks and grey it filled my whole eye .... My daughter's car stands motionless on our drive, she is in hospital with severe stress symptoms. It has been a dark week, yesterday I noticed a sparkle reflecting off of her car through my window. She's been rattling up and down the motorway for the last year everyday to the job she loves and is fighting hard to keep. The car had so many rattles, now fixed by my love, it's washed, polished and resting-up waiting for her return. For more haiku poetry Visit Recuerda mi Corazon

What to Do?

Jamie Ridler asks in Wishcasting Wednesday - How would you like to spend some time? Good question for me at this time of year as I usually embark on some course or other for the winter months ahead, and as usual I'm not sure?  I go through  familiar questions, what do I really love and would like to spend time pursuing?  I've got qualifications in Fine Art and my heart is in photography, graphics, printmaking etc. But I'm torn because I'm also interested in Personal Development and have a yearning to share what I've learned so far with others in some way, especially on-line?  So what do I do? How do  I spend some time doing what I want to do, don't know, not sure but one thing I do know is that I need to spend more time puzzling it out? Or will it just come to me?  Do I spend more time meditating upon these ideas??? For other wishcaster wishes visit Jamie Ridler Studios

One for the Road

Off on my travels, not before I say 'here here' to Rebecca's words, ...over at  Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon