Skip to main content

Grateful for Canine Companions

I am grateful on this day, 
Monday, 20th December 2010, 
for
Canine Companions ~

My two boys 
Dougal&Jasper
have made many appearances
here on 'finding my bliss'
but how could I complete my gratitude 
without giving these boys
a mention? 


Dougal came into our lives
unexpectedly, at a time 
when we were experiencing turmoil!


His personality?
We say he is his 'own dog,'
knows what he wants and goes for it!
As a puppy he made his escape quite a few times. 
Sometimes when we go for a walk in the 
deserted local country park at night 
he will decide 'he's not going'
and puts the 'brakes on'
so we leave him,
he waits there
until
we return.
He's very stubborn, clever, sensitive and almost human!
He is totally loyal to me,
 keeps guard of me always.


Jasper, Dougal's offspring
on the other hand 
is a complete softy.

He's very obedient, always wants to be cuddled,
he loves you to sit holding his paw,
never strays from my side.

 

These two boys have brought me such pleasure,
every morning as I awake 
and lay stroking them
I think to myself
how 
grateful I am
they are in my life.
'BLISS'


Comments

rebecca said…
dear sue,
i love how tender hearted you are. i have a sentinel too. a cat so spotted black and white he appears to be wearing cow pajamas. i am so grateful for his companionship. he is always willing to nap beside me when i am ill. purrrfect that he is always in his jammies and ready to sleep!
our pets are so much more than words convey.
reassuring us that we truly are never alone.

so glad for your happiness.....so grateful for you in my life.
Charlotte said…
I'm grateful for these canine companions also. They give us such pleasure. I am grateful that you give them a comfortable home, a dog-heaven when I sometimes can't because of my living and work arrangements. Love C xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku my Heart #42 - Shine on

t'was just a sparkle peeping through the blacks and grey it filled my whole eye .... My daughter's car stands motionless on our drive, she is in hospital with severe stress symptoms. It has been a dark week, yesterday I noticed a sparkle reflecting off of her car through my window. She's been rattling up and down the motorway for the last year everyday to the job she loves and is fighting hard to keep. The car had so many rattles, now fixed by my love, it's washed, polished and resting-up waiting for her return. For more haiku poetry Visit Recuerda mi Corazon

What to Do?

Jamie Ridler asks in Wishcasting Wednesday - How would you like to spend some time? Good question for me at this time of year as I usually embark on some course or other for the winter months ahead, and as usual I'm not sure?  I go through  familiar questions, what do I really love and would like to spend time pursuing?  I've got qualifications in Fine Art and my heart is in photography, graphics, printmaking etc. But I'm torn because I'm also interested in Personal Development and have a yearning to share what I've learned so far with others in some way, especially on-line?  So what do I do? How do  I spend some time doing what I want to do, don't know, not sure but one thing I do know is that I need to spend more time puzzling it out? Or will it just come to me?  Do I spend more time meditating upon these ideas??? For other wishcaster wishes visit Jamie Ridler Studios

One for the Road

Off on my travels, not before I say 'here here' to Rebecca's words, ...over at  Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon