Skip to main content

Words


Sometimes you come across a word you've heard, read and used many times before and now suddenly that word takes on a new life with a stronger sense of meaning. Somehow that word albeit simple becomes much, much more, more powerful and motivating... I noticed a leaf on my travels it stood out like a glittering jewel on the roadside, struck by its vivid colours and symmetrical pattern I picked up the leaf and stroked it. On touching the velvety smooth surface the word that had been on my mind for days emerged again, as I looked and thought about the leaf and the word a strange kind of sadness began to creep over me, an intense awareness that this leaf's time-bound beauty also signaled its decline...
  
floating leaves, fleeting
moments riding on the wind,
 heavenly message...

Sending my words to
Haiku my Heart
Recuerda mi Corazon

Comments

Beautiful, Sue... "time bound beauty...", oh so true... And "fleeting moments riding on the wind." Really resonates with me, and does create a kind of sadness. Lovely imagery, and photo...
Lea said…
Thank you dear Sue for sharing this message, this velvet jewel that evokes so much... how important to take the time to stop. To listen... The simple beauty you have shared here is profound. XO
J C said…
How awesome this word was in your thoughts and then you found the perfect little thing to express it with. Lovely. Such a rich color this leaf. A fleeting color.
Annie Jeffries said…
Timelessness hints at
Adventures yet to arrive
I await. Breathless
rebecca said…
dearest,
holding you as tenderly as you hold this message in a velvet leaf. embracing our own fragility
we live each moment for the fleeting treasure it is.
love from across the pond,
rebecca
Anonymous said…
beautiful words and image...thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku my Heart #42 - Shine on

t'was just a sparkle peeping through the blacks and grey it filled my whole eye .... My daughter's car stands motionless on our drive, she is in hospital with severe stress symptoms. It has been a dark week, yesterday I noticed a sparkle reflecting off of her car through my window. She's been rattling up and down the motorway for the last year everyday to the job she loves and is fighting hard to keep. The car had so many rattles, now fixed by my love, it's washed, polished and resting-up waiting for her return. For more haiku poetry Visit Recuerda mi Corazon

What to Do?

Jamie Ridler asks in Wishcasting Wednesday - How would you like to spend some time? Good question for me at this time of year as I usually embark on some course or other for the winter months ahead, and as usual I'm not sure?  I go through  familiar questions, what do I really love and would like to spend time pursuing?  I've got qualifications in Fine Art and my heart is in photography, graphics, printmaking etc. But I'm torn because I'm also interested in Personal Development and have a yearning to share what I've learned so far with others in some way, especially on-line?  So what do I do? How do  I spend some time doing what I want to do, don't know, not sure but one thing I do know is that I need to spend more time puzzling it out? Or will it just come to me?  Do I spend more time meditating upon these ideas??? For other wishcaster wishes visit Jamie Ridler Studios

One for the Road

Off on my travels, not before I say 'here here' to Rebecca's words, ...over at  Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon