Skip to main content

Journey to Self

Today I found myself wondering again
about my artistic expression,
this happens periodically.
When I was younger I thought
art was art
you either like to draw, paint, sculpt etc.
end of story!
NO
beginning of story for me
beginning of journey
beginning of ongoing enquiry
!!!
Although I have always been creative,
it used to remain mostly in the areas of 
design, technique.
I may have been subliminally conscious of something other,
something that separates it from the purely decorative,
but it hadn't dawned on me that
there was a difference!
That it was up to me to
discover what that difference was,
and why it mattered,
matters for me
!!!


Comments

Kat Sloma said…
Isn't it wonderful how our journeys deepen as we get older? We thought we had it all figured out when we were younger. Oh, how little we knew...
rebecca said…
i love your unfolding.
so rich of blossom and full of depth....
so looking with in and with out,
and so perfectly generous to take us along.
I like the fact that you are taking a photograph and then becoming immersed in the very thing which you are photographing, so much so that you disappear altogether and become a butterfly upon a flower ~ the ultimate symbol of soul transformation in Jungian psychology. I think that you have expressed with beautiful intention the profound difference between the decorative and the truly creative endeavor. Lovely.
xoxo,
Noelle

Popular posts from this blog

Continuum

A Continuum ~> continual sequence of ~> elemental change ~> By far this is the most difficult post written by myself, ever. I have not visited this place for sometime... I have been 'lying low' as an old friend used to put it, not low through depression or anything like that but since my love passed away parts of my known world have passed too. I have difficulty recognizing the landscape around me, I'm lying low so that I can absorb some of the new terrain. I am still quite dizzy, it's going to take some time... Much of what I wrote about here in this space would involve a brief glimpse of 'my love' and our life together. I had thought of closing 'Finding my Bliss', for a pivotal part of everything this blog has stood for seemed on the surface of things to be missing! But as the days have come and gone I am beginning to look at things in a different light and although I am grieving for my love I find I am l feeling his prese

Haiku my Heart #31 ~ Let's Party!

icing on the cake a sprinkling of honey dust Haiku Heart's Party  Congratulations Dear Rebecca  One year of Sweet Delights! Visit  Recuerda mi Corazon

I’m here again!

This is just a little test, I’m missing bloglandia!