Skip to main content

Worlds within Worlds

August Break #7

Yesterday's pic reflected the state of being at the precise moment the sun set on Ilfracombe's seascape,  the beauty of the sunset lit up the Bakery window reflecting the passers-by and a moment of their lives was captured, a unique moment in history never to be repeated!  Fascinating!   Mysterious in the sense of wonderment about people and their lives? Asking deeper questions about our connections to others?
Today's pic in the series of 'Reflections of Reflections' highlights another world within, as the light changes it reveals a world of delights in the form of delectable treats!  It was a lovely day full of surprise for me and my camera.   My love and I had spent a good part of the day until 3.30pm in our camper van as the rain continued from Tuesday, we decided to give it until late afternoon and then go home if it didn't stop as we'd planned to travel home Wednesday anyway.  I reasoned that should the rain stop we could salvage the day and stay late into the evening, and so we did, I had the most wonderful time with my camera at Ilfracombe. 
It's a funny thing, a bakery was on our list of treats and if we hadn't  been bewitched by the changing light on the harbour we would have got to the bakery earlier and tasted these delights, but then I wouldn't have seen them in this beautiful sunset which was far more satisfying to me, I don't know about my love though? He's rather partial to a cake or two! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku my Heart #42 - Shine on

t'was just a sparkle peeping through the blacks and grey it filled my whole eye .... My daughter's car stands motionless on our drive, she is in hospital with severe stress symptoms. It has been a dark week, yesterday I noticed a sparkle reflecting off of her car through my window. She's been rattling up and down the motorway for the last year everyday to the job she loves and is fighting hard to keep. The car had so many rattles, now fixed by my love, it's washed, polished and resting-up waiting for her return. For more haiku poetry Visit Recuerda mi Corazon

What to Do?

Jamie Ridler asks in Wishcasting Wednesday - How would you like to spend some time? Good question for me at this time of year as I usually embark on some course or other for the winter months ahead, and as usual I'm not sure?  I go through  familiar questions, what do I really love and would like to spend time pursuing?  I've got qualifications in Fine Art and my heart is in photography, graphics, printmaking etc. But I'm torn because I'm also interested in Personal Development and have a yearning to share what I've learned so far with others in some way, especially on-line?  So what do I do? How do  I spend some time doing what I want to do, don't know, not sure but one thing I do know is that I need to spend more time puzzling it out? Or will it just come to me?  Do I spend more time meditating upon these ideas??? For other wishcaster wishes visit Jamie Ridler Studios

One for the Road

Off on my travels, not before I say 'here here' to Rebecca's words, ...over at  Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon