Skip to main content

Pondering Pain, Love and the Pulse of Life



On this the last day of 2013 I got up early to meditate, I have been following Andrew Harvey's
recommendations for centering prayer meditation which involves going inward and focusing
on some chosen aspect such as love, peace, faith etc. Over the past few years I have
deepened my resolve to meditate as a means of relaxation which has helped me
enormously to get through some difficult times.

Pain seems to have been a dominating factor in my life for much of the last few years,
either physical or mental pain.  This time last year I was in such a deep dark
place feeling like I was at death's door physically, and thinking about it
now sends a shudder down my spine. Prior to this the personal
mental anguish of caring for my daughter through her own
mental breakdown was excruciatingly painful...

Continuing on this year has brought sad news of people I know who are going through their
own painful trials, having faced Christmas with loved ones knowing their death is on the other
side.  Also here on-line in our own blogging community I read about brave hearts
facing serious health scares. Sometimes it feels like the pain is too hard
to bear, there's no letup for sensitive souls it can seem!

But at the same time the days have been punctuated with joy, beauty, love
and happiness in equal measure. It has felt to me like the darker the days
appeared to be the more brilliantly the sparkles shone and the more
I noticed beauty in the pulse of life. I identify with the sentiment
that the mystic's senses will become sharply attuned to the
polarities of life for lesson learning in every season...

My meditation practice seems to be evolving as time goes on, it has taken on a more spiritual
quality not just as a method of relaxation, for example I chose to meditate on love this
morning, love being the strongest of all energizing forces, as I drifted in and out of
my meditation I prayed for clarity of direction with regard to the energy of love
for 2014. At this present time I'm not sure what this will look like,
but I trust it will become clear!!
Happy 2014 to all you dear hearts
and a big thank you for your caring presence in my life
with your words, visions, compassion and energizing love!  Hugs xxx

Comments

Unknown said…
All comes under the banner of life... A blessed new you to you x
Yes, this certainly has been a challenging year for you! Always bringing opportunities to go within, to change perspective, to feel the pulse of the Greater Life within that animates you, mixed with the pule of pain - as you said...

May your Heart Light warm you from within as you cross the threshold into a New Year, and hopefully a new chapter of your journey...
Heart Hugs - Christine
suzanne said…
oh, so true -- the ebbs and flows in life and the light and dark they bring. i hope that 2014 brings you heart nurturing love and the comforts of sunshine, my friend.
rebecca said…
sitting right next to you breathing in the light of love. you are such a sister to me. a warm comfort across the sea that shines so true you reside in my heart no matter the miles this earth claims to hold between us.
let's live one moment to the next. it is all anyone can ever really do. let's just choose to trust the moment we are in and give ourselves to it fully. light or dark, love is our polestar.
xoxoxo
somepinkflowers said…
{{ so pleased
beyond measure
that i found
~my way~
this morning
to this very posting ... }}





thank
you
x

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku my Heart #42 - Shine on

t'was just a sparkle peeping through the blacks and grey it filled my whole eye .... My daughter's car stands motionless on our drive, she is in hospital with severe stress symptoms. It has been a dark week, yesterday I noticed a sparkle reflecting off of her car through my window. She's been rattling up and down the motorway for the last year everyday to the job she loves and is fighting hard to keep. The car had so many rattles, now fixed by my love, it's washed, polished and resting-up waiting for her return. For more haiku poetry Visit Recuerda mi Corazon

What to Do?

Jamie Ridler asks in Wishcasting Wednesday - How would you like to spend some time? Good question for me at this time of year as I usually embark on some course or other for the winter months ahead, and as usual I'm not sure?  I go through  familiar questions, what do I really love and would like to spend time pursuing?  I've got qualifications in Fine Art and my heart is in photography, graphics, printmaking etc. But I'm torn because I'm also interested in Personal Development and have a yearning to share what I've learned so far with others in some way, especially on-line?  So what do I do? How do  I spend some time doing what I want to do, don't know, not sure but one thing I do know is that I need to spend more time puzzling it out? Or will it just come to me?  Do I spend more time meditating upon these ideas??? For other wishcaster wishes visit Jamie Ridler Studios

One for the Road

Off on my travels, not before I say 'here here' to Rebecca's words, ...over at  Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon