Skip to main content

Haiku my Heart #36 Pleats of Care

Each mindful moment
pushing the smoothing iron,
 forming pleats of care.


Memories of mother as sparked off by
 Rebecca's flower,
visit and see
Recuerda mi Corazon

Comments

Spadoman said…
Dear Ms. Foxy... I have missed you the past while. Either I came late or not at all, or didn't post a haiku. But glad i stopped by today. The photographnis amazing. Pleated, no doubt. It looksas if it were ironed that way, folds so neat, and great shadows too.
Your haiku moves me as it suggests a tool was used to do nature's work, but we all know better. I like it alot.
I hope this finds you doing good and that all is well.

Peace
Snap said…
Amazing image and I love the words ... thought provoking, caring, wondrous.
tami said…
oh my - the photos from you and rebecca are truly amazing and the pleats! LOVE IT.
Anonymous said…
How wonderful that a photo sparked such rich memory. Your flower is so very soft and sensuous...
So beautiful, Sue. I remember thinking of ironing as a form of meditation (but never so intricate as this one perfect rose!). And I loved watching the grace and calm my mother had ironing, too...
Nanka said…
Your Haiku today is so delicate, tender and unfolds so beautifully!!
rebecca said…
dear sue,

from your tender loving words we are able to receive a glimpse of your mother. and her forever touch in your life.
i love our flowers this morning...and how each one opened hearts.
Annie Jeffries said…
So soft, Sue. I feel the breath of summer on my cheek.

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku my Heart #42 - Shine on

t'was just a sparkle peeping through the blacks and grey it filled my whole eye .... My daughter's car stands motionless on our drive, she is in hospital with severe stress symptoms. It has been a dark week, yesterday I noticed a sparkle reflecting off of her car through my window. She's been rattling up and down the motorway for the last year everyday to the job she loves and is fighting hard to keep. The car had so many rattles, now fixed by my love, it's washed, polished and resting-up waiting for her return. For more haiku poetry Visit Recuerda mi Corazon

What to Do?

Jamie Ridler asks in Wishcasting Wednesday - How would you like to spend some time? Good question for me at this time of year as I usually embark on some course or other for the winter months ahead, and as usual I'm not sure?  I go through  familiar questions, what do I really love and would like to spend time pursuing?  I've got qualifications in Fine Art and my heart is in photography, graphics, printmaking etc. But I'm torn because I'm also interested in Personal Development and have a yearning to share what I've learned so far with others in some way, especially on-line?  So what do I do? How do  I spend some time doing what I want to do, don't know, not sure but one thing I do know is that I need to spend more time puzzling it out? Or will it just come to me?  Do I spend more time meditating upon these ideas??? For other wishcaster wishes visit Jamie Ridler Studios

One for the Road

Off on my travels, not before I say 'here here' to Rebecca's words, ...over at  Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon