Skip to main content

Morning Meditation



I sat as normal in my yoga pose,
entering into the practice of meditation,
thoughts rose,
I welcomed them and softly waved them goodbye,
it was delicious,
the thoughts were delicious
but
 I was aware of more and more delicious thoughts
and
the clock's soothing ticks heightened
along
 with the cooing of doves outside my window.

The image of the peony from the garden entered my mind,
the large, soft, frilly peony,
pink and cream ruffled petals.
I sank into the peony,
into it's dewy, soft petals, they stroked my cheeks.
I rested there enveloped in it's creamy, frilled deliciousness.

I could still hear the clock ticking softly
and
 the bird chattering to herself
but 
the image of the peony faded,
then
 the bird's chatter silenced
though
the clock's ticks whispered on.

Am I in the moment
is this being in the moment?


I welcome your perspective on this experience, these words were intuitively written after my meditation.  I don't claim them to be poetic.  I wrote the words without censor to capture a beautiful experience to keep as a memory for myself and also to share with others the wonderful feelings that come through meditation.

Like many, there have been some dark-day periods in my life, when I dwelled in the dark tunnel not being able to see the end or any glimmer of light.  I forgot what it was like to feel anything let alone experience the beautiful feelings I have come to associate with meaningful practices like meditation and yoga.



Comments

Rochelle said…
That sounds like a moment to me! A lovely moment - makes me want to meditate right now (I made the, rather frequent, mistake of getting on my computer before meditating and I've been on it ever since - sigh)

Popular posts from this blog

Continuum

A Continuum ~> continual sequence of ~> elemental change ~> By far this is the most difficult post written by myself, ever. I have not visited this place for sometime... I have been 'lying low' as an old friend used to put it, not low through depression or anything like that but since my love passed away parts of my known world have passed too. I have difficulty recognizing the landscape around me, I'm lying low so that I can absorb some of the new terrain. I am still quite dizzy, it's going to take some time... Much of what I wrote about here in this space would involve a brief glimpse of 'my love' and our life together. I had thought of closing 'Finding my Bliss', for a pivotal part of everything this blog has stood for seemed on the surface of things to be missing! But as the days have come and gone I am beginning to look at things in a different light and although I am grieving for my love I find I am l feeling his prese

Haiku my Heart #31 ~ Let's Party!

icing on the cake a sprinkling of honey dust Haiku Heart's Party  Congratulations Dear Rebecca  One year of Sweet Delights! Visit  Recuerda mi Corazon

Warrior Woman Detour

Yearning clear blue skies to brighten the road for ease, to step light of heart... Detour intersect is warrior woman's path she must tread alone, her only companion Om lifts a weighted heart... feeling vibrational warmth, she lights momentum... My heart is weighed down at the moment, we are waiting for scan results, my love has been in constant debilitating pain since before Christmas, I'm having a nasty IBS flare-up, I'm doing warrior woman work! I am grateful for this Friday morning ritual ~ Haiku my Heart, it is a wonderful distraction from the everyday, focusing on and fitting feelings into 575 syllables... Thanks to our Rebecca for hosting ~> Haiku my Heart Recuerda mi Corazon