Skip to main content

Grateful for Mobility

I am grateful on this day, 
Tuesday 14th December 2010, 
for 'Mobility'


It has been treacherous under foot,
 mounds of ice everywhere on the roads, 
making driving very scary!

This situation is quite rare here in the UK,
the services are ill prepared
for such 'extreme' weather.

Having gingerly stepped out of the car
 onto the kerbside as I was 
 waiting for the bus,
I noticed a young man with a white stick
shuffling his way 
along the edge of the snow. 
I saw someone approach him to see
if he needed help, 
he gestured that he was okay.

My heart was aching for this young person 
being out there, braving the elements.
The feeling of admiration
 tinged with sadness 
stayed with me throughout the day
remembering his slight figure disappear.

Today the snow has almost gone,
I'm feeling much better about 
venturing outdoors,
my gratitude for mobility is soaring.


Comments

Kat Sloma said…
That is a truly wonderful thing to be grateful for. We take it for granted!!
Annie Jeffries said…
I am grateful for visiting your advent calender each day and reading the wisdom you ascribe to the word of the day. So many have been object reminders to me of what I need to pay attention to. I'm looking forward to copying and saving the calendar when all the days are opened up so I can post these daily one word reminders.
Jane said…
Thanks for sharing your tender heart.
Be safe, and enjoy some fresh air. Glad you're able to get out now.
Love,
Jane
Dearest Sue,
I have tried to comment three times and the gods won't let me. I love this post because it reminds me of our conversation about darkness and depending upon something other than sight to get one through. I suspect that your young man has navigated that terrain for many years now with ease, but compassion and a warm heart always elicit a reaching out beyond ourselves and that is a good thing too. I wonder if we asked him the right question, what he would tell us? I love your photo of the distant figure. I will keep it in my mind all day.
xox,
Noelle
Carola Bartz said…
Sue, I wonder whether we are kindred spirits... you describe so beautifully what I often feel - the aching heart, the admiration tinged with sadness.
This is one of my most favorite posts.

Popular posts from this blog

Continuum

A Continuum ~> continual sequence of ~> elemental change ~> By far this is the most difficult post written by myself, ever. I have not visited this place for sometime... I have been 'lying low' as an old friend used to put it, not low through depression or anything like that but since my love passed away parts of my known world have passed too. I have difficulty recognizing the landscape around me, I'm lying low so that I can absorb some of the new terrain. I am still quite dizzy, it's going to take some time... Much of what I wrote about here in this space would involve a brief glimpse of 'my love' and our life together. I had thought of closing 'Finding my Bliss', for a pivotal part of everything this blog has stood for seemed on the surface of things to be missing! But as the days have come and gone I am beginning to look at things in a different light and although I am grieving for my love I find I am l feeling his prese

Haiku my Heart #31 ~ Let's Party!

icing on the cake a sprinkling of honey dust Haiku Heart's Party  Congratulations Dear Rebecca  One year of Sweet Delights! Visit  Recuerda mi Corazon

I’m here again!

This is just a little test, I’m missing bloglandia!