Skip to main content

Grateful for Cherished Moments

I am grateful on this day, 
Wednesday, 15th December 2010, 
for Cherished Moments
.
I'm writing about this before the thoughts escape me, 
before they float off into the ether.

.

This morning much like any other morning started by seeing Charlotte off to work,
 she's staying with us whilst her bathroom is being renovated,

Over the past three years she has 
stayed with us on and off
 since coming back from life in the big city, all battered and bruised.
She's been on her healing path ever since.


Lately life has taken a leap forward for her
after two years or so out of work,
after pulling herself up off of the ground,
after preparing and putting herself through rigorous interviews,
she landed herself the perfect job
 at the University of Derby!!!
and
She's met someone who is making her happy!!!


This morning I packed her off to work, 
it was Christmas lunch day,
 I ironed her frilly blouse
 thinking how lovely she was going to look,
she had no earrings to go with, 
so I fetched her a pair of mine.
She looked gorgeous as she 
walked through the door,
we kissed and hugged.


I wrote all of this down 
because these are cherished moments.

We've been through 
a very tough journey together
and 
these are precious moments to savour,
to wrap in special delicate wrapping,
for these precious moments
I'm grateful.


Comments

Carola Bartz said…
What a touching story! So good that you've written it down. These are cherished moments. Thank you so much for sharing.
Kat Sloma said…
See, who needs 3 pages when you've captured the words so perfectly here? Beautiful words and I thank you for sharing the moment with us.

Popular posts from this blog

Continuum

A Continuum ~> continual sequence of ~> elemental change ~> By far this is the most difficult post written by myself, ever. I have not visited this place for sometime... I have been 'lying low' as an old friend used to put it, not low through depression or anything like that but since my love passed away parts of my known world have passed too. I have difficulty recognizing the landscape around me, I'm lying low so that I can absorb some of the new terrain. I am still quite dizzy, it's going to take some time... Much of what I wrote about here in this space would involve a brief glimpse of 'my love' and our life together. I had thought of closing 'Finding my Bliss', for a pivotal part of everything this blog has stood for seemed on the surface of things to be missing! But as the days have come and gone I am beginning to look at things in a different light and although I am grieving for my love I find I am l feeling his prese

Haiku my Heart #31 ~ Let's Party!

icing on the cake a sprinkling of honey dust Haiku Heart's Party  Congratulations Dear Rebecca  One year of Sweet Delights! Visit  Recuerda mi Corazon

I’m here again!

This is just a little test, I’m missing bloglandia!