Skip to main content

Sheep Trending at Hardwick

Shaggy's 'funky-chic'
sheepishly strutting her stuff
trending at Hardwick


I could not resist a light hearted haiku here!

My mental meandering gripe when traveling around the countryside here in the UK is the state of sheep marking...!
"Why do they have to mark those poor fluffies with such an ugly aesthetic!?"
The sheep are not aware of course! ~ I think?
But ~  it does rather spoil my view of the country idyll seeing huge splodges of red, blue,
or black carelessly daubed over the poor little mites !

~ bla~bla~bla

Now here's a sheep worthy of the grandeur of her surroundings,
with her turquoise tufts, and multi-coloured tab-rings
I'm not a snob you understand!
But my Shaggy stands as an inspiration and aspiration to all of her contemporaries,
or should I say country cousin cohort farmers!

Wonder if it's going to catch on, watch this space...

Sending my light hearted haiku to ~>

Haiku my Heart
Recuerda mi Corazon

Comments

tami said…
this made me smile ; )
I hope this does catch on! Color is good for the soul.
Awwww - poor sheep with their tufts and tags... But she is beautiful anyway! :) I haven't seen sheep in years! There are not herds of them around here like in lovely pastoral England :) Cute post!
gma said…
I much prefer the turquoise tufts to the day-glow orange that was trending a few years ago. :-)
Cat said…
LOL
love it Suey
love it
happy weekend to you my sister-friend


love and light
Anonymous said…
all I can imagine is the beautiful wool....
Anonymous said…
Punk sheep! Thank you for the smiles! Have a wonderful weekend!
Annie Jeffries said…
Delightful. It brought a note of light and cheer to an otherwise cold, gray, and blustery day.
Sheep---and haiku---are always worth a second look!

Shadowy Stream
Unknown said…
I had no idea...you are right, this is one funky beauty!!
Laura said…
we just gave our poodle a bath… and this always makes me think of sheep… she's like a little lamb quivering in the tub. (no silly hair color or tags in her ears though)

Popular posts from this blog

Continuum

A Continuum ~> continual sequence of ~> elemental change ~> By far this is the most difficult post written by myself, ever. I have not visited this place for sometime... I have been 'lying low' as an old friend used to put it, not low through depression or anything like that but since my love passed away parts of my known world have passed too. I have difficulty recognizing the landscape around me, I'm lying low so that I can absorb some of the new terrain. I am still quite dizzy, it's going to take some time... Much of what I wrote about here in this space would involve a brief glimpse of 'my love' and our life together. I had thought of closing 'Finding my Bliss', for a pivotal part of everything this blog has stood for seemed on the surface of things to be missing! But as the days have come and gone I am beginning to look at things in a different light and although I am grieving for my love I find I am l feeling his prese

Haiku my Heart #31 ~ Let's Party!

icing on the cake a sprinkling of honey dust Haiku Heart's Party  Congratulations Dear Rebecca  One year of Sweet Delights! Visit  Recuerda mi Corazon

I’m here again!

This is just a little test, I’m missing bloglandia!