Skip to main content

Tree Pose ~ Food for Thought



I am a tree which stands by the path you tread.
If you can learn something from me stay awhile,
I cannot take you my way because my roots are in my own piece of ground,
and my branches reach up to my own personal sky.
If you wish to lean against me for some time and warm in the sun which filters through my leaves,
then share my stillness and become one with me.
Don't stay too long or part of yourself will become lost within me.
Do not take one of my branches to use as a prop,
for even I am unaware of which are strong or weak.
In looking at me, reflect in what you didn't know and make it your own truth.
I will not impede the path you tread but I hope I have helped to make your journey worthwhile.
~
Barbara Griggs

Pondering ~> This poem was quoted during yoga practice last week, to me it speaks very loudly.  In reviewing my life's paths, I have chanced upon various tree-like individuals and organisation that have gifted me in many ways for which I am grateful.  Whilst it is fair to say I have learned a great deal from my tree liaisons, I should also say on reflection I was perhaps too willing at times to be propped up by their grandiose story telling, leaning too far in and being too bound up with them, in fact becoming lost in them for awhile. 

One of the tell-tale signs of this happening shows up in a loss of identity, taking on someone else's or organisation's identity.  This can happen when their stories are so compelling that one can be swept along with gusto, wanting to tell the same story the same way, using their vocabulary like a parrot, only to realise sometime later in hindsight, No this does not sound like me, it is not my personal truth.

I simply have to remind myself of this every-time I read a new book, take up a new spiritual practice like yoga, or some other philosophy, even visiting other blog-sites, to embrace new accepted thoughts weaving them into my story, telling it in my way whilst leaving out anything that does not fit!

A mighty tree will not be offended, it is aware it has weaknesses too.

Comments

Goosebumps! So true... Finding our own way, following our own Heart and letting that be our "path" - knowing that everything we encounter - those trees :) - are all Divine expressions inviting us to see the Truth within ourselves - as you have so wonderfully discovered!
Cat said…
a might tree indeed!!!


love and light

Popular posts from this blog

Continuum

A Continuum ~> continual sequence of ~> elemental change ~> By far this is the most difficult post written by myself, ever. I have not visited this place for sometime... I have been 'lying low' as an old friend used to put it, not low through depression or anything like that but since my love passed away parts of my known world have passed too. I have difficulty recognizing the landscape around me, I'm lying low so that I can absorb some of the new terrain. I am still quite dizzy, it's going to take some time... Much of what I wrote about here in this space would involve a brief glimpse of 'my love' and our life together. I had thought of closing 'Finding my Bliss', for a pivotal part of everything this blog has stood for seemed on the surface of things to be missing! But as the days have come and gone I am beginning to look at things in a different light and although I am grieving for my love I find I am l feeling his prese

Haiku my Heart #31 ~ Let's Party!

icing on the cake a sprinkling of honey dust Haiku Heart's Party  Congratulations Dear Rebecca  One year of Sweet Delights! Visit  Recuerda mi Corazon

I’m here again!

This is just a little test, I’m missing bloglandia!