Skip to main content

Happy Haiku New Year

Bare winter branches
bathed in mystical moonshine
stirring some magic!


Hello and a Happy New Year to you and yours...

I feel like a stranger to this online space it being nearly two months since I last tapped the keys here. I've been living a kind of nomadic existence recently flitting between houses with the addition of my new little tin home that perches on a Welsh hillside overlooking the ocean. What with Christmas and New Year I have been sleeping in random beds! The acquisition of my tin home is something I have dreamed about for ages and now it has come to pass so I've been bathing in ocean magic....

Something else that has kept me creatively occupied lately is my regular postings on Instagram, I have taken to posting haiku and images there as a meditative practice which satisfies both my need to create and also to focus, I have set the intention to continue this practice for 2017 and also to research the subject, perhaps write about my findings here as I believe this art-form to be therapeutic and of great value. I'm also considering self-publishing my findings along with some of my work for I have been posting haiku and image for almost seven years now and would like to consolidate both, watch this space!

I have to thank the lovely Rebecca over at Recuerda mi Corazon who introduced me to Japanese haiku poetry many moons ago not ever having heard of it myself before as it's not very well known over here in the UK.  I was a newby to the 575 syllable poetry but soon picked up the simple gist of a wonderful life honouring therapy.  Over the years it has become a familiar friend helping me to focus my attention when times were tough and through many dark days as well as bright ones too, I highly recommend this practice, you can join in with other haiku lovers over at ~


Haiku my Heart
Recuerda mi Corazon

Comments

J C said…
Good luck with your book. I will look for you on IG.
carol l mckenna said…
So glad you got your 'tin house' and are back here sharing your wonderful haiku ~ it is delightful and I agree it can be very therapeutic ~ thanks,

Wishing you a Happy Weekend ~ ^_^
Lea said…
Happy New Year dear Sue! I love knowing that this full moon magic bathes us no matter where we are! I have such fond memories of the Welsh hillsides and love the thought of your living there next to the ocean, and in your little house! May your writing, the beauty that surrounds and fills you, hold you dearly and bring you deep nourishment and fullfilment, in all directions of your life. It is lovely to spend time here with you Sue. XO
Good to see you back here! Your little tin home sounds like the perfect creative space. May the images flow from your heart to us--and to the world!
Mark said…
Even bare winter branches are beautiful--and magical--to those who have eyes to see!
rebecca said…
oh my goodness!!! i am over the moon with happiness for you and a wee reunion here in the loving practice of small words. please please some photos of your new tin house-i want to picture you there-and ha! picture myself there beside you!!! perhaps we can meet on this side of the pond or yours and write some haiku together!!!
mostly we will hug and smile, smile so big it will be hard to form words!
i love you my darling darling sue.
yes to a book-yes to your images and time on instagram until we are side by side!
xo
Gillena Cox said…
beautiful indeed; luv the magic of this haiku

much love...
Meri said…
Amazing word combo in your haiku. . . and Seems like this is a very fertile time for you, with many positive changes.
Anonymous said…
Looking forward to it all! Happy New Year!!
Fatima Ahmad said…
Vibez365 is your daily magazine for all the latest news, and informative blogs on hottest topics around the world. We aim to provide the right information to our readers. Keeping in mind the passion, and the interest of our readers we not only focus on bringing you the blogs with the latest information but also, blogs straight from some of the best writers in the world.

Popular posts from this blog

Continuum

A Continuum ~> continual sequence of ~> elemental change ~> By far this is the most difficult post written by myself, ever. I have not visited this place for sometime... I have been 'lying low' as an old friend used to put it, not low through depression or anything like that but since my love passed away parts of my known world have passed too. I have difficulty recognizing the landscape around me, I'm lying low so that I can absorb some of the new terrain. I am still quite dizzy, it's going to take some time... Much of what I wrote about here in this space would involve a brief glimpse of 'my love' and our life together. I had thought of closing 'Finding my Bliss', for a pivotal part of everything this blog has stood for seemed on the surface of things to be missing! But as the days have come and gone I am beginning to look at things in a different light and although I am grieving for my love I find I am l feeling his prese

Haiku my Heart #31 ~ Let's Party!

icing on the cake a sprinkling of honey dust Haiku Heart's Party  Congratulations Dear Rebecca  One year of Sweet Delights! Visit  Recuerda mi Corazon

I’m here again!

This is just a little test, I’m missing bloglandia!