Skip to main content

Pondering Pain, Love and the Pulse of Life



On this the last day of 2013 I got up early to meditate, I have been following Andrew Harvey's
recommendations for centering prayer meditation which involves going inward and focusing
on some chosen aspect such as love, peace, faith etc. Over the past few years I have
deepened my resolve to meditate as a means of relaxation which has helped me
enormously to get through some difficult times.

Pain seems to have been a dominating factor in my life for much of the last few years,
either physical or mental pain.  This time last year I was in such a deep dark
place feeling like I was at death's door physically, and thinking about it
now sends a shudder down my spine. Prior to this the personal
mental anguish of caring for my daughter through her own
mental breakdown was excruciatingly painful...

Continuing on this year has brought sad news of people I know who are going through their
own painful trials, having faced Christmas with loved ones knowing their death is on the other
side.  Also here on-line in our own blogging community I read about brave hearts
facing serious health scares. Sometimes it feels like the pain is too hard
to bear, there's no letup for sensitive souls it can seem!

But at the same time the days have been punctuated with joy, beauty, love
and happiness in equal measure. It has felt to me like the darker the days
appeared to be the more brilliantly the sparkles shone and the more
I noticed beauty in the pulse of life. I identify with the sentiment
that the mystic's senses will become sharply attuned to the
polarities of life for lesson learning in every season...

My meditation practice seems to be evolving as time goes on, it has taken on a more spiritual
quality not just as a method of relaxation, for example I chose to meditate on love this
morning, love being the strongest of all energizing forces, as I drifted in and out of
my meditation I prayed for clarity of direction with regard to the energy of love
for 2014. At this present time I'm not sure what this will look like,
but I trust it will become clear!!
Happy 2014 to all you dear hearts
and a big thank you for your caring presence in my life
with your words, visions, compassion and energizing love!  Hugs xxx

Comments

Starr Sonam said…
All comes under the banner of life... A blessed new you to you x
Yes, this certainly has been a challenging year for you! Always bringing opportunities to go within, to change perspective, to feel the pulse of the Greater Life within that animates you, mixed with the pule of pain - as you said...

May your Heart Light warm you from within as you cross the threshold into a New Year, and hopefully a new chapter of your journey...
Heart Hugs - Christine
suzanne said…
oh, so true -- the ebbs and flows in life and the light and dark they bring. i hope that 2014 brings you heart nurturing love and the comforts of sunshine, my friend.
rebecca said…
sitting right next to you breathing in the light of love. you are such a sister to me. a warm comfort across the sea that shines so true you reside in my heart no matter the miles this earth claims to hold between us.
let's live one moment to the next. it is all anyone can ever really do. let's just choose to trust the moment we are in and give ourselves to it fully. light or dark, love is our polestar.
xoxoxo
somepinkflowers said…
{{ so pleased
beyond measure
that i found
~my way~
this morning
to this very posting ... }}





thank
you
x

Popular posts from this blog

A Winged Haiku

Winged things on my mind
bringing messages of peace
but mostly of TRUST




#Artistsforloveis an on-line movement where the overriding principle is one of love and belonging to which I am happy to add my name....   Also linking with Haiku my Heart ~ the Home of inclusion.Recuerda mi Corazon

Norwegian Dreamscape Expanded

Meditation Morn
My Dreamscape Meanderings
Heavenly pass~time 


I rose early the first morning at dawn, although I'm not sure if it was dawn really as Norway is after all the land of the midnight sun!  Anyway it was an exceptional time to experience the fjords we were told so I crept out of the cabin, being careful not to disturb my sleeping partner and up onto the open deck.   I was the first to appear, only the staff were out arranging the loungers. What a wonderful feeling almost alone on this massive liner feeling totally in awe of both my traveling home and the deep fjord waters we were slipping silently through.

I climbed up the stairs to the highest deck and stood in absolute amazement at the sheer beauty of this place, I thought I could hear some kind of faint mysterious musical notes, to this day I'm still not sure whether this was my imagination going into overdrive at the whole mystical experience or a distant melody carrying through on the air.....

Later after breakfas…

Shadow Land & Spontaneity

Usually in photography I practice the concept of noticing the moments and what arises and arrives spontaneously as opposed to a staging experience i.e. purposefully choosing a subject to capture. Picking up the camera when something hits my radar of perception is second nature and this in turn mostly leads to the pleasurable treasures of intuitive photography.  Recently due to the exceptional brilliance of the autumn sun through my windows there have been lots of opportunities to capture the clarity of shadows or their subtlety for that matter! Shadow photography is a favourite form of imaging for me.  However, I wanted to make the shots a little more defined for added interest so this lead me to try manufacturing the outcome, or in other words staging!  This doesn't come naturally to me during a photography experience for it touches on the subject of control, taking me out of the comfort zone of going with a meditative flow and into the area of thinking or a cognitive interrupti…