Finding my Bliss

Monday, 9 July 2012

Just Remember

 Self Portrait

She said " This is my gift to you. I hope you'll wear
and remember the beautiful one that you are".
There is an interesting story behind this composition, 
something that touched me in more ways than one, deeply.
I can't reveal the story yet as 
I'm waiting for the band giver to return!


A little up-date for any reader wondering.
This post is one that touches me deep as I said, it is about
body image, a subject I researched for my
art college studies. Now as an 'older woman'
I can ponder the subject from a different
perspective and how it affects
me personally!

The images above are two photos,
the underneath one is of myself merged with
a close-up of coloured glass droplets
 after using the opaque tool.

I have transformed myself into something
other, there is something mysterious
and magical about this, it's like dressing up in childhood!
I can be who I want to be!


  • "If I knew what the picture was going to be like I wouldn’t make it. It was almost like it was made already, the challenge is more about trying to make what you can’t think of."

Cindy Sherman - Wikipedia

to be continued..........

2 comments:

Monica said...

turned out wonderfully!
so intriguing, one can see there is a statement, a thought, a question, a story within it.

Lady Cordelia said...

What a wonderful way to express yourself!
Art is so freeing, no?
XO
C